more good news (i assume) ESA - WRAG to SG really quickly!

• 9 Replies

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Gold Member
As I have mentioned in other threads, I was migrated from IB to ESA at the beginning of March, and was placed in the WRAG.

I believed I should have been put in the support group, so I apealled, on the basis that a) I cannot mobilise 50 metres & b) I also meet the incontinence criteria. I also sent a letter from my GP (confirming both), and one from my OT confirming the first.

That was at the end of March, and I didn't expect to hear for some time, since we all know how long this usually takes. Although I was expecting/hoping for a revision based on new evidence, rather than having to wait a year or so for a tribunal date.

Last Friday I got a letter from the DWP telling me that 'following a recent change' my payments would be increasing to 106.50 and that they owe me 1.45!   On the last page 'How your Employment Support Allowance has been worked out', it says "extra money because you are in the support group". 

So there it is (I assume), i'm in the support group!  No letter to tell me that they had changed their decision, no letter to tell me I don't have to comply with WRA conditions, just one line, on page 3 of a 3 page letter.

Maybe i'll get the notification sometime in the future? 

Obviously i'm glad that they have sorted out the money side so quickly, but honest to goodness, what an arse about face way to do things!

1G

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Well! big pat on the back to you.  How are you going to spend all that money though??   ;-)

sherbs

• Charter Member
Congratulations,

So glad that the appeal process was quick.

Monic1511

Hi 1G
Im glad you got the support group, I suspect the letter you have just described is your decision letter, I have noticed that this letter changing people's groups either from basic to wrag or support group is rarely sent.  What they get is  a letter saying their money has changed and nothing else >steam<.  Its probably wrong as JC+ are meant to inform people in writing of all changes but it seems to be the norm just now

congratulations  >chocolate<
Monic

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Great stuff, 1G - we love success stories  >magicfairy<

Pink Campervan

• Bronze Member
So pleased for you. Why is we have to read DWP letters at least twice before understanding exactly what it is they're saying >steam<.   I'm waiting for my migration I was PCA exempt (had medical in 2010)so surely it must be soon always looking for a brown envelope in the post.  Enjoy being left alone for a while.

SteveX

Well done!

thats good to hear
Member of POMMAS

Minniehaha

It's great to hear a success story amid all the chaos!  >thumbsup<

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Gold Member
Second letter arrived today, telling me that I don't have to go to work focused interviews anymore, but that I can, if I wish, do so "on a voluntary basis, to help you take the first steps back into work".   I'd love to be able to go back to work, but there is no way I could, do they phrase these things deliberately to rub it in??

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I wonder if it escapes these policy-makers' notice that we're not all having to be dragged kicking and screaming back into the workplace - and would be out there if we possibly could  >erm<

I suspect the reasoning behind that particular letter for Support Group claimants is just to remind them that they don't have to be, to quote whichever silly Minister said it, "'parked' on benefits for the rest of their life"  >whistle<