Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: ESA50

• on: 24 Dec 2013 01:44PM
Fiz,

>hugs<

I agree with Monic.

It could be as simply as the person who processed the claim ie tapped the details into the computer system, failed to tick a box and so the income based part of ESA was not added.

Here is a link with info you can quote when you give them a ring https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums-income-support/what-youll-get.
If there is a delay over Christmas I reckon the payment should get back dated because none of your circumstances changed and the issue is clerical error.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 24 Dec 2013 04:18PM
It could be as simply as the person who processed the claim ie tapped the details into the computer system, failed to tick a box and so the income based part of ESA was not added.

That's just made me think of another possibility, harking back to my processing days - it could  well be, now there is technically a decision made on a new claim (the ESA renewal), that the system wants re-verification of entitlement to the Severe Disability Premium.  So you might well receive another brief form to complete - which may be held up in the Christmas post  >doh<  Just the questions based on living alone and whether someone receives Carers Allowance for you (and yes, your SDP will be backdated to run as continuous from your previous ESA claim, as you still meet the qualifying conditions like living alone).  See what happens when normal DWP and postal services resume after the holiday closures..

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 24 Dec 2013 07:15PM
Kizzy, I think that is probably what has happened tbh. I haven't managed to phone the DWP today as I've been caught up in other stuff. The tree that was in the neighbours garden fell down in the storm last night and has fallen into my garden crushing the fence and is completely filling my garden. It's about 15ft high even though it is lying on its side. I managed to phone the council (good for me, I am rubbish with phones) but not surprisingly there are a lot of trees down and they are prioritising those that are in dangerous positions which this one isn't. But my main worry is I have contents insurance but not buildings as I rent, but I do own two sheds. One was a big strong one and contained loads of stuff and that shed is completely crushed, can't get anywhere near it to see what is salvagable from inside until the enormous tree is moved by the council, the other shed was empty but is damaged beyond repair, it was a very cheap shed. I am assuming that as I don't have buildings insurance, I am not covered to replace the sheds? I will never be ale to afford to otherwise. Or, as the tree that fell down crushing the sheds belonged to the council, are the council liable for replacing my sheds? I know my contents insurance will cover anything damaged inside the sheds. What a nightmare, though I am so thankful the huge tree fell sideways and didn't hit our house.