ESA

• 8 Replies

angel32

ESA

• on: 11 Aug 2013 07:53PM
Hi everyone i am new to the forum i was awarded Esa wrag group for 18 months however i have recently been going through my reassesment i sent my ESA50 back on the 13th June and i have not heard anything since. I telephoned atos who said it is still in scrutiny? My question is what is scrutiny and also how long after sending your esa50 back is it roughly before they ask you for a face to face? I did not have one when last time when i was transfered over from income support. I am very anxious as it seems to be taking even longer this time and it is constantly playing on my mind i dread the phone ringing and the post arriving every day i know i sound daft but it has got me in such a state. Any guidance on timescales would be helpful many thanks

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: ESA

• on: 11 Aug 2013 09:30PM
Hi angel32 and welcome to OuchToo  :-)

I'd not heard of the phrase 'in scrutiny' with relation to an ATOS assessment, so I did a bit of digging, and here is the DWP's own definition of it:

Paper scrutiny:    Decisions on ESA entitlement which are made without a face-
to-face Work Capability Assessment

So at this stage an ATOS assessor is still trying to make a decision based on your paperwork alone - and therefore you may not even be called for a 'medical' this time round either, so please try not to worry (I know it's easier said than done!)

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 12 Aug 2013 10:06AM
Time scales between ESA50 and decisions is normally around 3 months.

Welcome to the forum though, good to see you and hugs while you wait  >hugs< (I'm waiting for results from mine too  :-()

angel32

• on: 12 Aug 2013 08:20PM
Thank you both so much i am glad i found this forum the helps to know there are people out there to offer support. How long have you been waiting Fiz?  >hugs< to both of you and thank you

bubble

• on: 14 Aug 2013 10:59PM
Hi and I'm waiting,  mine only just gone in a few weeks ago I was put in support group last time no medical too.

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 15 Aug 2013 06:14AM
I think mine was posted back 22nd June so almost 2 months now so I'm expecting an answer in about a month. Last time I was put in the sg with no medical but I have made improvements so I'm not sure this time. I know my sw would support my appeal if they turned me down completely as she doesn't think I am well enough to work, but she says not to panic if I am put in the wrag as none of her su's have ever been pressurised into anything at any wrag appointments.

angel32

• on: 15 Aug 2013 08:23PM
Hi Fiz i have been in wrag group for the past 18 months and had all my appointments via the telephone as i explained to them my difficulties and they agreed i could do them over the phone. I sent my latest ESA50 off on the 13th June so not much before you i do hope they get back to us soon i will keep you posted on any progress.  >hugs<

sherbs

• Charter Member

• on: 15 Aug 2013 08:35PM
I think mine was posted back 22nd June so almost 2 months now so I'm expecting an answer in about a month. Last time I was put in the sg with no medical but I have made improvements so I'm not sure this time. I know my sw would support my appeal if they turned me down completely as she doesn't think I am well enough to work, but she says not to panic if I am put in the wrag as none of her su's have ever been pressurised into anything at any wrag appointments.

Fiz, what does su's mean, I'm not familiar with that abbreviation, thanks

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 15 Aug 2013 09:22PM
sorry, that's service users. The current term, I hate it mostly because of the word user. I prefered client back in the day.