"New initiative unpicks complicated data for disability groups"

• 1 Replies

DarthVector

• Charter Member
From a Government press release:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-initiative-unpicks-complicated-data-for-disability-groups

I have to admit, my initial reaction is one of suspicion. Given the way that the Government have behaved towards disabled people, by picking and choosing their statistics to misrepresent us, I have to wonder whether this initiative might be a way of corralling small disability groups into unwittingly using data which have already been "sanitised" to suit the Government's agenda.

I'm very careful about the source of my Government data nowadays. For example, I trust the ONS vastly more than I trust the DWP.

AndMac

• Charter Member
Basically, then, it's the Government's way of acknowledging that services that were previously helped by local authorities are going down like ninepins.

Those that have survived thus far  now have to look to charitable sources for funding, so here's how to frame a decent funding application. How helpful of them.

It's like being handed a sticking plaster and arnica ointment by someone who has tripped you up deliberately.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker