Disability Living Allowance for children, new claim form.

  • 1 Replies


  • *
  • Guest
Updated on 5th February 2014

To get DLA a child must normally:

" Live in and be present in Great Britain or, live in the European Economic Area or Switzerland and the UK is responsible for paying them sickness benefits

Be allowed to enter or stay in the United Kingdom and not be stopped from getting benefits

Need extra looking after or have walking difficulties need much more day-to-day help than children of the same age, and

Have had these needs for at least 3 months and these needs are likely to last for at least another 6 months unless you are claiming for them under the special rules. The special rules are explained in the claim form on page 12."


« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2014 05:20PM by SunshineMeadows »


  • *
  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2466
thanks AO