Northampton Medical Examination Centre

• 3 Replies

lostfamily

• Gold Member

Northampton Medical Examination Centre

• on: 23 Feb 2014 01:52PM
Hi My Husband has had a letter to go to the Northampton Medical Centre, Gladstone Road Business Centre off Heathfield Way, Gladstone Road, Dallington Northampto NN5 7QA
Well we thought we would give it a trial run to see how to get there using the Sat Nav but still could not find it it landed us in an area where there is a BT work site & other firms but certainly could not see has anyone been there or a photo of the outside so we know what we are looking for i will phone the Medical services next week to ask also we have to go on a Saturday so we need to know where we going & what to look at as all we saw was what i would call factory units certainly nowhere i think a medical can be conducted 
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2014 01:55PM by lostfamily »

oldtone27

• Charter Member
I have had the same problem with satnav not always taking one to an identifiable location, particularly if it is a large site. Now if I am going somewhere unfamiliar I try to find it on Google Earth (or Google Maps with satellite option on).

This gives not only an aerial view, which can help with location of entrances and car parks etc., one might be able to use the Streetview feature to see what the location is like. Unfortunately the latter does not extend to sites with internal road systems as one can find at some hospitals.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
Looking on the Atos website, (I know, but some one has to) the aforementioned department of Lourdes is at the end of the little cul-de-sac at the end of the Gladstone Road parallel.  Looking at Streetview is no good as the cul-de-sac bit is not covered.  If you "drive" along Gladstone Road a bit, and then look over the path, you can see the Gladstone Road Business centre, it's behind the metal building.  I would suggest that's the place.

According to the Atos site (http://www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants/locations_home/locations_details_northampton) "When you turn off Gladstone Road, you will need to immediatley turn right down the side of Pinnell & Baxter Sail Makers where you will see the entrance to the car park"  The mis-spelling of "immediately" is theirs, not mine!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

marfanannie

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Just been looking up the PIP assessment centres in Exeter.  There are now two, originally there was one on an industrial site but this seems to have changed.  One is at a business park on the edge of Exeter, the second almost in the middle of Exeter.  The second is situated in a residential part of Exeter (very large houses), couple of GP surgeries and dentist.  Parking is very very difficult, lots of residential parking only!!!  It is a very large house owned by a private company which rents out consulting rooms to the medical profession.  I went in to their website and you can look at each consulting room one by one plus the reception area and waiting room.  The waiting room had two leather setters and one chair, these looked very low to me, no chairs with arms etc., certainly no good for people who have difficulty getting out of chairs.  I shall try and find out what I can about the other assessment centre.