Customer Compliance Interview (Help)

• 37 Replies

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Tesla, that's horrible!  >hugs<

I'm so glad that you were able to clear your name.

What a nasty little waste of space that person is.  >angry<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Unfortunately there are some pretty pathetic people around.  I'm glad that you were able to clear this up so quickly.   >hugs<

Becca7

Tesla, what a horrible thing to happen! I'm so glad you could sort it out and maintain your temper enough to do so well. I would have looked something like our angry icon  >angry< And struggled to say anything helpful at all.

So well done!  >thumbsup<

devine63

It's great that you were able to sort it out.  How sad that the person has so little to do with their time that they felt they had to do this!
regards, Deb

Tesla

• Silver Member
Thanks again for the support guys. I'm still having a little bit of difficulty processing the whole thing mentally.

It's still gonna be a hectic wait for the inevitable letter in the post telling me if they're going to take further action or not.

But yeah, I'm quite an outspoken person and a lot of people (who are now part of my past) couldn't handle the 'no bullsh*t' approach I take on life, thus resulting in this cloak-and-dagger attempt at revenge.

It's horrible, but that's the world we live in. Personally I blame the internet for turning a lot of people into cowards. Hiding behind screens instead of sorting their problems out properly.

Sorry, rant over!

feehutch

• Gold Member
  • I am a mum, wife and geek not always in that order
    • Adlibbed - music & geekery & health
I agree with Kizzy, there should be some sort of consequence for those that make malicious reports.  I am glad you have been able to clear your name but yes, still a big shock and upset for you to deal with x
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
- Ferris Buller

oldtone27

• Charter Member
I guess the problem is determining which reports are malicious and which simply mistaken. I doubt the authorities would operate penalties as the threat of these would deter any reports.

Mind you I do wonder about the mentality of people making such reports unless it is a very clear abuse of the system. Most people would not have enough reliable information to make a judgement.

As others have said I suspect jealously is a prime motive. Many people do not like the idea of someone getting something for nothing, conveniently forgetting the disability or other hardship necessitating the benefit.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Telsa,

How awful >yikes< >steam<.
It is a good think poor morals and a nasty outlook towards fellow human beings is not counted as a disability or else the person who reported you would be able to claim the higher rate of  >bleep< benefit.

Thank you for letting us know how it went and that the person who interviewed you was okay. I hope the letter confirmed things are okay arrives very soon.

Oldtone,

I see what you mean. The weird thing is there can be people who are blatantly cheating the system but dont get reported because the people around them dont feel it would be right to do so.

>confusedgif<

Becca7

Or they have reported them but they have been able to continue claiming.

My experience of fraud is people are extremely clever and know exactly what they are doing, their 'job' is the fraud. Maybe one day they will slip up but I doubt it. Too clever and too much to gain.

I've also experienced being reported, several times.

It is very very difficult thing.

Tesla

• Silver Member
Or they have reported them but they have been able to continue claiming.

My experience of fraud is people are extremely clever and know exactly what they are doing, their 'job' is the fraud. Maybe one day they will slip up but I doubt it. Too clever and too much to gain.

I've also experienced being reported, several times.

It is very very difficult thing.

Becca, what happened after the interview? Did you receive a letter in the post about wether or not they were going to take further action? If so, can you remember how long it took to receive?

Becca7

Tesla,

Sorry I had meant to include that earlier.

I think it took about a week or two, it was a long time ago though so it may not work the same way now. Though they did say they would write to you didn't they? From what I remember dwp usually advise upto four weeks to get notification.

Having said that you may need to chase them.

Sorry for any stress I caused you I should have mentioned my experience earlier.

Tesla

• Silver Member
Tesla,

Sorry I had meant to include that earlier.

I think it took about a week or two, it was a long time ago though so it may not work the same way now. Though they did say they would write to you didn't they? From what I remember dwp usually advise upto four weeks to get notification.

Having said that you may need to chase them.

Sorry for any stress I caused you I should have mentioned my experience earlier.

Oh no, you didn't cause me any stress! Thanks for the info, hopefully I get it soon so I can put all this behind me.

Becca7

Thankyou for saying that. I hope it arrives soon!!

Fiz

• Charter Member
People have a warped idea of benefits often. My sister warned me about a facebook status I'd made years ago where I'd said I'd had lunch at a cafe with a friend and she warned me someone would report me to benefits. I said my friend had paid for the lunch (sandwich a cup of tea) and she said I should have put in my status, with thanks to my friend for paying to make it clear. My sister obviously felt that having lunch out was a crime and worthy of reporting! She is in complete ignorance.

I've been reported by neighbours for various things. Being under housed when I was a temporary tenant, turns out the neighbours thought my son was my daughter's boyfriend so they'd be in the same room. Had an inspector come and root through bedrooms to sort that out. Then had the RSPCA come and look at my hens who were in a 'tiny' cage, 6 hens in an eglu cube with extension which is built for more hens than that. I assume the neighbour that reported that had no idea how much space hens need. Or it was malicious. Not sure which.

Glad that's over for you tesla. The good news is, the fact that a malicious/unfounded allegation has been made against you that has been proved to be unfounded goes on your record and any further allegations are taken with a smidgen of salt and taken less seriously. They are well used to malicious allegations.

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
A 'trying' neighbour threatened to report me for working.  She was very put out when I explained that I actually have a job and don't receive benefits.  She and her mother specialize in reporting people to the council.  It's really annoying.  She reported me for letting a branch overhang her garden.  I see her most days and she said nothing to me.