DLA renewal

• 38 Replies

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: DLA renewal

• on: 21 Jun 2014 09:46PM
I remember (the very first time I claimed DLA) getting that 'to confirm your claim has got to our office' letter and being equally convinced that it was a 'Computer Sez No' ...  My last DLA renewal got decided within 6 weeks, so let's hope yours is just as speedy  >x-fingers<

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 22 Jun 2014 11:58AM
Hope a decision comes soon & is the right decision.  >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 22 Jun 2014 05:01PM
I filled it in when not doing so well and haven't been well throughout the recent therapy period. Therefore I should get at least the MRC that I have been receiving to date but it has occured to me given my care plan and use of home treatment team and the evidence within that, that they may consider HRC due to risk. But my MH wavers and I'd rather have MRC because I know I am always 'entitled' to that and if I were to be awarded a higher rate I would always worry during better periods that I should be notifying them of a change of circumstances. If the worst came to the worst and they awarded HRC, would it be ok to write and say I only want MRC? That way I could relax and not worry that at times I am too well for it if that makes sense. Of course all this worry might be for nothing and they might decide I should have nothing at all.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 22 Jun 2014 09:24PM
For a HR care award to be considered, the DM would have to be satisfied that you have care/supervision needs both day and night, so this would depend on how you completed the questions about needing help at night as well as during the day.

But at this stage, quite honestly I would say 'cross that bridge if or when you come to it'!

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Jun 2014 07:46AM
That's the stupid thing, I am fairly sure I ticked that wretched box because I am always worst at night or in the evenings and feel most at risk then especially as I don't do phones so can't access help. My solution is to medicate myself to sleep if I feel unsafe, usually by taking more than prescribed sleeping meds. Now I wish I hadn't ticked that box but was completing the form honestly.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 23 Jun 2014 08:21AM
Being honest on your form was exactly the right thing to do - and as for your MH 'wavering', the fluctuation of conditions is taken into account in the decision-making process.  You're not expected to remain in the same state 365 days a year! 

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 04 Jul 2014 06:58AM
Neither my GP nor Care co-ordinator have heard from the DWP. As 3 weeks have passed do you think this means the DWP are making a decision without asking them for further information or could even sending out forms to the GP/CC take this long? I did send recent CPA care plans and assessments with the application so maybe they think they have enough info?

I am partly thinking of signing up for an evening class that starts in September but won't until I know what is happening with this claim. I feel like life is on hold.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 04 Jul 2014 08:43AM
As 3 weeks have passed do you think this means the DWP are making a decision without asking them for further information or could even sending out forms to the GP/CC take this long?

Hmmm, no way of knowing without contacting them direct, really - but as you've sent in some '3rd party evidence' already, they might be able to reach a decision on that.  My claim was decided just on the information I entered on the form, so anything is possible.

Know what you mean about 'life on hold' - those ignorant people out there who think benefits are just there for the asking, they really don't have the slightest idea, do they?

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 04 Jul 2014 03:13PM
Letter arrived today. Got MRC and LRM for another 2 years, that's the level of award I think is right. So pleased! It says it has only been awarded for 2 years as my condition may change, blimmin hope so. Now I've got to decide whether I can cope with an evening class, it's a lot of money if I don't attend or cope with it.

Becca7

• on: 04 Jul 2014 04:50PM
Congratulations Fiz I'm glad it worked out for you.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 04 Jul 2014 05:21PM
Wow, a speedy result and a satisfactory one  >magic<  Now, how about you give yourself a little time to chill after the pre-decision stress before you start agonising over the next thing  ;-)

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member

• on: 04 Jul 2014 06:05PM
Great to hear that you got the results you deserve  >hugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 04 Jul 2014 06:09PM
Great news, Fiz! I'm so pleased for you!   >bubbly<

Now, how about you give yourself a little time to chill after the pre-decision stress before you start agonising over the next thing  ;-)

>thumbsup<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 04 Jul 2014 09:10PM
Oh Fiz, yippee  >applause<  >applause<  >bliss<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 05 Jul 2014 01:59PM
Excellent news thank you for posting it  >thumbsup< >star<

The heartache the claiming process causes is harsh but in many ways it is worth it when the results is good. Middle rate care makes such a difference not just the amount of income it brings but because it shows that even the DWP recognises you deserve help which does squish those gremlin thoughts of poor self worth etc.

It says it has only been awarded for 2 years as my condition may change, blimmin hope so.

Me too and hopefully the evening class will be part of the process to having better health  >hugs<