DLA renewal

• 38 Replies

Fiz

• Charter Member

Re: DLA renewal

• on: 05 Jul 2014 03:48PM
It's just occured to me that PIP comes in from next year for ongoing awards. So is it possible that I might be reassessed next year again or because my award ends in 2016 are they likely to wait until my next reassessment then I would be invited to claim PIP instead?

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 05 Jul 2014 04:14PM
Fiz,

My initial thought is given the PIP backlog is currently causing I think an 8 months waiting time it is unlikely that you claim will be reassessed as PIP before you reach the end of the 2 years you have been given.

>hugs<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 05 Jul 2014 07:59PM
Yes, I agree.  Take all dates publicised by the DWP with a pinch of salt.  Was it October 1015 for all those over the age of 65?  Highly unlikely now I would have thought. 

I think we can all relax a bit.

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 06 Jul 2014 06:56AM
I've been thinking about this and they said they are switching people who have indefinite awards from 2015, it makes sense to me for them to switch them over and keep every one who has an award date to their date until they have completely all the indefinites? If that's the case then I expect mine will last the full 2 years as they would take them years. I just wish I knew so I could relax a bit but knowing me I'd just worry about something else.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 07 Jul 2014 06:18PM
Good news that the right decision was made without too much fuss from DWP.   >thumbsup<
As for being reassessed, it's more likely to be late than early the way PIP is going so far... hope it turns out to be when you expect so you don't have time to get in a lather about it.

What are you thinking of studying? :-)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 07 Jul 2014 07:36PM
Regarding PIP implementation... for anyone interested, this is the Government's own timetable (as it stood at January 2014):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/304548/timetable-for-pip-replacing-dla.pdf

What Fiz referred to is the final-but-one stage:

From October 2015

All the remaining claimants in receipt of a DLA award will be invited to make a claim for PIP. DWP will randomly select DLA claimants in receipt of an indefinite award or a fixed term award, and notify them about what they need to do to claim PIP. DWP will invite claims as early as possible from recipients who have turned 65 after 8 April 2013, when PIP was first introduced.

By October 2017

All existing DLA claimants (aged 16 to 64 on 8 April 2013) will have been invited to claim PIP.

So the DWP have two years to play with at the 'end game', and with random selection, we now have a lottery as to who is affected earlier rather than later.  But not something to lose sleep over yet!

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 07 Jul 2014 08:04PM
That's useful thank you kizzy. It's a watch this space thing then.

Seegee, I'm thinking of doing BSL level 2. It's not much under 600 though! All told for the course, exams etc. But it is something I could practice easily at home, I'd need to as it is years since I did level 1 and would need to refresh/revise.

Becca7

• on: 07 Jul 2014 11:22PM
It's the 'invited' bit that's concerned me about it. What happens if your letter gets lost? Do they just stop your DLA because they assume you don't want to take up their invite? Or maybe that's the point.

Fiz, the course sounds interesting!

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 09 Jul 2014 08:37PM
More "don't watch this space" I hope, as if you're awaiting something happening it may increase tension/ anxiety. 
Hope you find BSL comes back to you easily & the next level is just the right amount of challenging for you. >thumbsup< :-)