Re: Benefit situation (long sorry)

• on: 21 Aug 2014 11:21PM
Becca  >hugs<

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 24 Aug 2014 01:04PM
 >angry< Grrr to stupid officials who can't see beyond their noses.   
I was chatting with a non-stupid DWP debt recovery worker the other day who knows how crazy the rules are but is powerless to change them - he doesn't seem to like IDS any more than we do but he's a back-office worker, not a JC+ employee.

Becca.  >bighugs< >rose<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 24 Aug 2014 04:38PM
Indeed, Seegee - and ESA (with its splitting into two 'strands', work-related and support) has just made the system more complicated, not less  >doh<  I'm sure that IDS and his cohorts view  the ESA WRAG as a kind of 'JSA Lite'.  It isn't - the person is still unfit to actively seek work, as opposed to work-related activity... But, I digress.  Becca, not qualifying for JSA is a definite positive because there is now official acceptance that you cannot meet the conditions as a 'fit' individual who can look for employment!  That moves you a step closer to a renewed ESA entitlement.

Becca7

• on: 26 Aug 2014 12:36PM
Kizzy I don't qualify for JSA because I don't have an email address or telephone at home, so can only access when I am able to get out (not been out since Friday) to be able to get replies when applying for work. They don't believe I can't genuinely wash - another person who thinks every disabled person gets a free army of carers for all their needs.

I don't know if the reasons give the email etc will help with ESA as the last ESA50 I saw asked for the same information.

Feeling somewhat annoyed today, but not at anyone here, so apologies if this sounds ranty at all. It isn't meant to!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 26 Aug 2014 12:48PM
Your post was fine... and we're all allowed to rant when the DWP get it wrong, anyway!

Becca7

• on: 26 Aug 2014 01:20PM
Thanks Kizzy!

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 26 Aug 2014 03:39PM
Unfortunately it is possible to not fit the descriptors for ESA so don't qualify for the benefit but still be too unwell or disabled to work and therefore are ineligible to claim JSA.  So not qualifying for JSA as you are not well or able enough doesn't mean you would qualify for ESA. That is the main problem with the benefits. ?

Hopefully you will hear from ESA soon Becca. 

Becca7

• on: 28 Aug 2014 07:17PM
My GP has done me a long letter re my ESA (and she paid for it) as she is concerned about me.

Should I wait until I send it all, forms etc, to ATOS? who for some reason no longer have a wales office - I've got to send my form to Wolverhampton!?! I'd rather do that than attempt the JCP given the problems I've had with them, they really scare me.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 28 Aug 2014 08:58PM
Yes, send the lot together so the DWP post-opening service keeps them in one bundle (and don't forget to put your name and NI number on single pieces of paperwork so if something does go astray, it can be linked easily to your claim!)

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 29 Aug 2014 12:07AM
And send it recorded so you prove it was posted and arrived

Becca7

• on: 29 Aug 2014 04:00PM
Thankyou both. I will send it special delivery like usual.

I'm a little worried about what my gp said is happening here. Gp letters being ignored altogether and people being called for assessments, no home assessments, she has had all of them refused, she is concerned because that means anyone with any mobility problems automatically cannot attend due to the steps which must be climbed to get to the ramp into the centre and their money is stopped straight away. Appeals are averaging a year here now and are also in a difficult to get to part of the area, they were before somewhere else but that has now been stopped due to costs.

She wanted to complain but has no idea how to do so as when she contacted the number she was told ATOS are no longer working for the government! I've no idea who she rang through I know she will keep trying. Obviously she sees people much worse off than me physically who are being turned down because of the access issue. One person got asked to attend a medical without having done an ESA50 at all.

Monic1511

• on: 29 Aug 2014 07:16PM
Becca
all mail goes to Wolverhampton now & is then sorted out & scanned to the correct section.  Even when I send forms to the Pension Service in Motherwell they go to "Post handling site 5, Wolverhampton"  and this would be true even if I was posting it in Motherwell itself.

Good luck
Monic

Becca7

• on: 30 Aug 2014 02:07PM
Thanks monic I appreciate the help. I've heard nothing from the person who is meant to be helping me, they were meant to confirm, as it's only a few days before the form is due back I'm thinking I must send it straight after appointment seeing them if they forward post on. I'm due to be paid the date it is due in.

The thing is there is pages and pages to be typed, plus the new stuff, it will take ages and I don't know if they will get it done in such a short appointment.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 31 Aug 2014 11:30AM
Becca, sadly I have nothing to offer other than hugs, but please have some.  >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<

Becca7

• on: 02 Sep 2014 11:46AM
Went to see the person who was meant to be helping me this morning, was told they decided should just send my old form instead it's over 18 months old and they've cancelled my appointment.

Why are people so stupid. It's obviously the old form and the dates clearly are nowhere today.

I'm going back this afternoon to see a manger. A very very angry as there is no way I can now get it back in time and am angry at the suggestion I just send the old form and not bother with the new one. It's totally different. There is nothing at all now about hospital treatment other than inpatient which is no longer possible in my nearest hospital.

It's bad enough the dwp lied to me but now this supposed expert in benefits (ex CAB benefit advisor) are telling me to send an old form instead of giving me an appointment and to chill there's no way they will stop my money. I know this person was a CAB benefit advisor because I checked with our local branch (miles away!!)

Can I do that? Surely an 18 month old form will be rejected???