Iain Duncan Smith is Jesus Christ, Guardian article.

• 25 Replies

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
'this is the honest truth'

Normally the first words out of the mouth of most liars and bull shitters.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
IDShit  'honest'  'truth' does not know the meaning of either words.

I-amDunkinS* wouldn't recognise the truth if it stood in front of him yelling "my name is TRUTH" - whenever someone reminds him that things aren't turning out as he promised they would, he says "no, I didn't mean that, I meant [something entirely different to his original recorded statement]". 

If his English comprehension is so bad that he can say one thing while meaning something incompatible with the words he uses he should be (?re-)educated to at least a standard expected of an average ten-year-old.  If that proves impossible he should be placed in some role suited to his capability; perhaps he could sweep up leaves or something?

He doesn't even have the excuse of speaking without having time to think as his pre-prepared statements & written pieces are as full of ridiculous exaggerations and inaccuracies as his interviews. 

I think he is a liar and a cheat as well as a fool - and a fool with power is a dangerous thing. 

oldtone27

• Charter Member
I am not sure why anyone should be surprised by this. IDS is a politician and a minister. Politicians are taught to lie without showing any sign of discomfort or embarrassment. The ones who are best at it become ministers.

lankou

• Charter Member
The ones who are best at it become ministers.

They can also end like Mussolini.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
What bald?

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

lankou

• Charter Member
What bald?

Hung from a lamp-post. (I would post a picture but it is quite frankly too horrific.)

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
So end all bald Italian fascists. But IDS is more likely to end up like Hideki Tojo who was also hanged.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
So end all bald Italian fascists. But IDS is more likely to end up like Hideki Tojo who was also hanged.

Although IDS is unlikely to either apologise or accept responsibility for his actions. 

JLR2

I have only through the BBC's ceefax service thing read that the National Audit Office report has been published, not that the BBC appears to have noticed. It explains to me at least why IDS appeared on yesterday's Breakfast programme.