Budgeting loans

• 32 Replies

Fiz

• Charter Member

Re: Budgeting loans

• on: 07 Jan 2015 06:02PM
Until dd moves back in, once she does and I lose the living alone premium, not then. I plan to finally apply for the dhp at that point and ask the dwp to lower the deductions as well, though they may not agree to. But I'm sure I will get by even if I don't go anywhere, turn the heating off and eat less. I could do with eating less.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member

• on: 07 Jan 2015 07:21PM
 >hugs<t

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 08 Jan 2015 02:16PM
Fiz, you know you are not overweight (unless you have gained two stone or more in the last few weeks, which seems extremely unlikely) and it's very worrying to read that you are thinking of cutting back on food.  If your daughter is there, won't it be possible to feed both of you fairly cheaply as long as you eat mostly fresh, not pre-prepared, food - can your daughter help with preparing more fresh veg, etc.?  If you are thinner, you feel the cold more too, so if you are turning the heating down (not off or you risk burst pipes) you can't afford to eat less as well - plus your daughter will be there & she'll be very upset if you become unwell. 
I hope coping *without cutting down on food* proves easier than you expect. >bighugs< >bighugs<