Re-launching the ship happyness by bulekingfisher

• 4263 Replies

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Re-launching the ship happyness

• on: 21 Jul 2012 01:22PM
Seegee, how fantabulous to see you - especially if you're bringing back fresh edibles, I was about to break out the emergency supply of Pot Noodles....

suessad

• Charter Member and Volunteer

• on: 21 Jul 2012 02:37PM
Thank you for saving us from the dreaded pot noodles segee.  >whistle<

Ok. Any idea what we do with all this exotic fruit and veg. ?

seegee

• Super Hero Member

• on: 21 Jul 2012 07:37PM
I'm not a cook but can't imagine anyone having much difficulty with potato or tomato ;-) (both are South American plants introduced to Europe by seafaring folk hundreds of years ago). 
There are some orange peppers, sweet potatoes & tomatillo too.  I have no idea what tomatillo tastes like, we'll have to try it & see...

Hope people like papaya, custard apple, mango or guava - there were loads of these fruits.  >biggrin<

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side

• on: 21 Jul 2012 07:38PM
Morning Kizzy.
I haven't seen the Cap'n either.

Hope Sir C hasn't accidently locked him in his new place.  >yikes<

Au contraire. The Captain has gone away for the week and is trying out a few digging, construction and defence devices courtesy of JCB, for when work starts in Brazil and he assumes the post of Director of Construction / Site Manager Tues - Fridays, 10am-4pm excluding bank holidays and Olympic Games big events days.

Fortunately the Disability Living Foundation stocks a number of these machines, so they will be able to make them all easily accessible and with hand / nose control. I think it will give him a new lease of life.

http://www.jcb.co.uk/products/Machines/Hydraulic-Excavators.aspx

« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2012 07:40PM by SirCumference »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 21 Jul 2012 07:55PM
Thanking you kindly for the information, and I'd like to be behind the wheel of one of those magnificent machines as well - now where did I put that hard hat and hi-viz jacket??

PS - any chance of rustling up a tea-trolley while you're deigning us with your presence? 

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side

• on: 22 Jul 2012 12:33AM
Well, alright. I fancy having a go on the JS210, but obviously You Know Who will have the final say.

There is nothing to stop us from renting a few JCBs and having Exhibition Formation Digging Performances for the benefit of customers. If we play our cards right it could be the next Olympic - Paralympic event, because the host nation gets to choose a new event for subsequent games, and I don't want us to choose something naff like Synchronised Slimming, which will be No Fun At All.

Obviously we will need to hire an experienced choreographer to take charge of that side of things - I have something like a heavy plant version of this in mind - -  so it looks as though I'll have to post a new job advert.

When will my work be complete?

-- -- -  Late Nite E-trolley  - - -- ---

Gentleman's Relish on Toast
Pork Pie
Cling peaches
Ginger biscuits

« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2012 12:55AM by SirCumference »

stalwart

• on: 22 Jul 2012 01:14PM
Funny that you should show a JCB as I'm watching Time Team!

Starters

Assorted Savoury Pastries 
Salad Nicoise

Main

Bar B Que:
Marinated Lamb
Gluten Free Sausages
Corn Cobs
Freshly Caught Snapper
Freshly Baked Greek Style Bread

Sweet

Cambridge Burnt Cream
Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Lemon Tart
Clotted Cream

Drink

Speciality Teas
Fresh Coffee
Freshly Brewed Lemon Tea

Enjoy

suessad

• on: 22 Jul 2012 06:37PM
Hi stalwart. Good to see some lovely food about.
I'll have double helping of Salad Nicoise and lemon tart. Thankyou.

Hope seegee and kizzy have moved into the shade today.
Sir C, might mistake them for lobsters otherwise.  >lol<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 22 Jul 2012 08:20PM
I don't want to be boiled alive in a pot  >yikes<

Had a very lazy day after two substantial feeds, what with Sir C and Stalwart both bearing tasty morsels - can't move now, even to pick up the  >flyswatter<  >lol< ..though I know I'll not be needing it as you are all such  >angel< >angel<

suessad

• on: 23 Jul 2012 09:37AM
Had a very lazy day after two substantial feeds, what with Sir C and Stalwart both bearing tasty morsels - can't move now, even to pick up the  >flyswatter<  >lol< ..though I know I'll not be needing it as you are all such  >angel< >angel<

You're so right Kizzy. Perfect >angel<

Now where did she hide that >flyswatter<>devil<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Jul 2012 04:39PM
Hello all crew >thumbsup<

I'm back I've had TROUBLE with yahoo my line of connection went down then I had to change my email address so I've lost all my previous contacts + addresses >yikes< >steam< >yikes< >steam< this is how I'm feeling but I'll get up to speed about what's happenning but I do know we are building Sir Cumfrence a beach side cafe/.bar in Norrthern Brazil

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Jul 2012 05:47PM
Hello Sir Cumefrence

This your lucky day YES you can use the JS210 (JCB) to dig the foundation trench's the spoil (top soil can go on the farmmer's field's) mind you do'nt knock the toilet block down as Kizzy Kazaer will not be very happy >she might be in there<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 23 Jul 2012 07:15PM
 >lol<   How wonderful to see you, Cap'n - I was getting concerned about you  >hugs<  I did suspect it might be wretched technology-related difficulties, though..

As you can see, order has been maintained throughout the ship during your absence < salutes >

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Jul 2012 07:31PM
HHello Kizzy Kazaer

Saultes THANKYOU for maintaning order while I had technical problem's my next schedualled respite is 8th September but I'll remind you nearer the time. I'm extremly pleased Stalwart is cooking manual labour is food intensive. Cor I'm amazed at Sir Cumfrence in the J.C.B he is an artist (the way he swing's the bucket around)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 24 Jul 2012 09:02PM
Hello Stalwart

Could we have baked fish for supper + if you are intrested I've got MARCH OF THE PENGUIN'S on D.V.D in my cabin + you + a guest can come + watch it on 50 inch screen with sourond sound