Re-launching the ship happyness by bulekingfisher

• 4127 Replies

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
A good Italian feel there  >thumbsup<  with a bit of 'Oo-ar, get orf moi land' thrown in on the drinks menu  >cool< 

(my granddad loved his scrumpy and once sneaked me a couple of sips when I was about ten - "quick, while your grandma's not looking' ..)

Oops, just realised - we've breached the alcohol ban which may have only been relaxed for the special birthday - should we hide in the storeroom or summat?  >run<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

Go on I will relax the ban on cider after 10 years I know my crew will drink in moderation + be trust worthy do not drink to make up for lost time or I will un_  cermonsly   dump you in the nearest country you all know I am a hard but fair captain so I want every ones respect

SashaQ

• Charter Member
A good Italian feel there  >thumbsup<  with a bit of 'Oo-ar, get orf moi land' thrown in on the drinks menu  >cool< 

>thumbsup< >lol<

Thank you >captain< - yes, we respect you and you respect us  >thumbsup< >biggrin<

*** Saturday Menu ***

Poussin with Dauphinoise Potatoes
Salmon Supreme with Fondant Potatoes
Nut Cutlets with Croquette Potatoes

Creme Brulee
Passion Fruit Souffle
Chocolate Moussee

Stella Artois Cidre
Elderflower Cordial
Yorkshire Tea

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
...be trust worthy do not drink to make up for lost time or I will un_  cermonsly   dump you in the nearest country

I wouldn't dare, I don't want to be ditched like an unwanted sack of spuds  >yikes<

Anyway, the Elderflower Cordial wins tonight  >angel<  And a double helping of Dauphinoise Potatoes - these are freely available at Mum and Dad's local carvery, where I visit from time to time, and they (the potatoes, not the parents) are absolutely delicious  >thumbsup<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

I am suspicious about alcohol  been consumed in a confined place ( a wooded sailing ship + the devious ship's chef has gone as I trust you will you help me relax my rule's

SashaQ

• Charter Member
No worries, Captain - we don't need alcohol every day

*** Winter Warmer Menu ***

Scouse stew with pickled cabbage
Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie with mashed potatoes
Moroccan Vegetable Tagine with rice

Sticky toffee pudding
Bakewell Tart

Hot Blackcurrant Juice
Yorkshire Tea
Hot Chocolate

SashaQ

• Charter Member
they (the potatoes, not the parents) are absolutely delicious  >thumbsup<

>lol<  >thumbsup< >biggrin<

Much as I enjoy Scouse, being from that neck of the woods, I'll choose the Moroccan Vegetable Tagine (I tried making it myself, but it didn't turn out quite right, judging by the picture on the link there, so I have arranged for a guest chef to cook that for us today >magic< >biggrin<)

Sticky Toffee Pudding with Yorkshire Tea is just the thing after that  >biggrin<

Prabhakari

Please can I have the loan of your chefs to make me some vegan meals? I think that you feed much better. Tinned soup and bread can be somewhat wearing. Just send them to Wanderer III, Indian Ocean.

Many thanks.
A humble, lone sailor.   >wheelchair<
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Would help out, but can't move after finishing up all the Sticky Toffee Pudding  >feeling-sick<

SashaQ

• Charter Member
The guest chef gladly makes a vegan tagine and sends it over to Wanderer III

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side
"Guest Chef"?

What the hell's going on around here?  >angry<

Look at the state of this place...

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Blimey, we thought the sharks had got you at last..

SashaQ

• Charter Member
Blimey indeed!   

Yes the guest chef cooks the Moroccan Tagine as I ate the one I cooked and quite enjoyed it, but I wouldn't inflict that on anyone else as the 'balance of flavours' was... unusual... and it turned out surprisingly orange   >lol<

huhn

15 kilo green beans for the next week food

Prabhakari

Wanderer III thanks you for your kind gift. The Indian Ocean is rather big. How did you find me?

Ill health meant I had to leave the voyage, and have been concentrating on The Catty Snork. We sailed into Tokyo Bay and stayed there for a while. Heavy weather all round. I counted five storm systems around Japan.

We are now heading towards the Chinese Mainland. I have talked to four different Chinese sailors from this area. All members of the same Yachting club.

Just wondered what your current position is. Wanderer III is at

S5.16
E100.9

We are nearing Sumatra. I hope to see the Baritan Mountains soon. The coast has a long reef, which may make entering a port a bit tricky. Lubuktandjung looks like the best option.

Safe sailing to you all. Prabhakari.  >wheelchair<
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.