Re-launching the ship happyness by bulekingfisher

• 4244 Replies

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

Re: Re-launching the ship happyness

• on: 12 Jul 2012 10:15PM
Hello SeeGee

After we have finnished building the Bar/Cafe for Sir Cumefrence I hope in return for our Labour he might prepare enough micro weve + frozen meals to see use to Norse land/Scandinavia where I hope we can pick up/hire a chef It would be great if Sir Cumefrence took a savitacil (busmans holiday) + cheffed for us. I could keep Mrssuiar Sasha as our chief  behind the fruit cocktail bar

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side

• on: 12 Jul 2012 10:47PM
Thank you for the job offer Sir C, but ....  You will note from my CV that I cannot organise a p*** up in a brewery. Regretfully I will have to decline your offer.

If you need a digger driver to stack tyres I might be available for short term hire, and I am not too bad if you need a blindfolded chauffeur.

A) With a little concentrated effort I am sure that you will be more than capable of organising pissups, whatever the venue might be.

B) Digger-driver Yessss, we definitely need one of those as we are building the place from scratch. Accuracy is less important than commitment, I sometimes feel. But not always, obviously.

I'll put you down for a Monday start, your bunk bed is next to the latrine, so you don't need to worry about that sort of thing.

Welcome aboard!

>>> Shakes Old Tone's hand vigorously <<<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 07:30AM
Hello Old Tone27

A useful tip to avoid piss up's. Just consuntrate/foucs on the results you want to achaive (do'nt panic Cap't Mannering)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 09:07AM
OldTone, what have you let yourself in for  >yikes<

Still waiting for a decision on my own application since the attempt to 'headhunt' me, as it were  >erm<  The DWP would probably act faster  >angry<

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 10:24AM
I don't think Stalwart is necessarily wanting to stay in Brazil for months, Captain.  Just suggesting that Scandinavia is best visited in May/ June/ early July, so we've missed this year's midsummer already.  >blush<  Late April until mid-July next year (2013) would be perfect for a cruise around Scandinavia.  >biggrin<

There must be lots of other places the ship hasn't been to yet; how about the Panama Canal & the west coast of central America/ south USA once Sir C's building works are over?  Just an idea...  >rose<

stalwart

• on: 13 Jul 2012 12:06PM
Or.........................how about Antarctica......see the penguins march >lol<

oldtone27

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 01:07PM
"OldTone, what have you let yourself in for"

That's what comes of sticking ones head above the parapet (gunwale).  >run<

I'm still counting my fingers after Sir C's vigorous shake.

I was thinking perhaps I could drive the digger blindfold? Still even with an air conditioned cab I don't fancy the Brazilian heat. And I have to say Sir C's offer of accommodation next to the latrine is not most attractive one I have ever received.

The March of Penguins. Was that written by Tchaikovsky?

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 05:37PM
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

If old Tone27  is qualified + is useing a J.C.B digger would you like to contribute with leavling off the area/ground with  a bull-dozzer +imagine you are bringing the high + mighty D.W.P down to the leveal of the client's they are suposed to be serving/surporting (how the arrogant bugger's fall) poetic justace

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 05:46PM
Hello Stalwart

Watching the march of the pengiun's would be light relif after our effort's of promotting intergration + Harmony between able bodied people + impaired people. So Antartic here we come.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 05:59PM
Hello Sir Cumefrence

I am appauled at the thought of YOU expecting Old Tone 27 to sleep in a bunk next to the toilet block (you bloody okld cheap-skate) ignorring his DIGENTY after all I give you + everyone else on this ship thier DIGNETY I treat them as I would like them to treat me

seegee

• Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 06:03PM
Antarctica?  Fantastic; rest of the Brazilian coast & Argentina first, with a few long-ish port visits? 
That way we could be in Antarctica in springtime (? October) before moving on to wherever is next.

Today I have actually cooked (in real life, with help of PA), so can offer some mild lentil & vegetetable curry.  :-)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Jul 2012 06:48PM
Most welcome, Seegee - I enjoy a nice, light curry.  Not the mouth-blaster type that some extremely competitive blokes order at the curry house after a session on the lager  >yikes<

how about the Panama Canal & the west coast of central America/ south USA once Sir C's building works are over?

Well, I'm up for that before we sail off to colder climes, it's bad enough being cheated out of a summer in 'real time' without having to get me thermals out here as well  >erm<

would you like to contribute with leavling off the area/ground with  a bull-dozzer +imagine you are bringing the high + mighty D.W.P down to the leveal of the client's they are suposed to be serving/surporting (how the arrogant bugger's fall) poetic justace

>lol<   I used to be a DWP 'foot-soldier' employee, Cap'n Bule, so I will happily imagine the very upper tier of management to be flattened somewhat  >biggrin<

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side

• on: 13 Jul 2012 08:58PM
Hello Sir Cumefrence

I am appauled at the thought of YOU expecting Old Tone 27 to sleep in a bunk next to the toilet block (you bloody okld cheap-skate) ignorring his DIGENTY after all I give you + everyone else on this ship thier DIGNETY I treat them as I would like them to treat me

We're still building the place FFS. It's the best I can do.

It's near the bogs if the need strikes unexpectedly in the middle of the night.

OK, I've got some empty bottles, he can keep a few of those at the side of the bed.

Can't say fairer than that.

Suessad and Stalwart are right. The Vikings always set off on their voyages in Spring, so as to make the most of the long nights. We have left it too late for that kind of excursion, so wintering here is the best and safest option.

The subject is now closed.

suessad

• on: 13 Jul 2012 09:33PM
SirC, shall I use my HGV to pick up the bricks tomorrow.
Or my PCV to collect the workers. ?

ps. Thank you for putting my bed the furthest from the loo.
Just hope I don't disturb too many every time I run through.  >whistle<

seegee

• Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Jul 2012 08:28AM
Suessad and Stalwart are right. The Vikings always set off on their voyages in Spring, so as to make the most of the long nights. We have left it too late for that kind of excursion, so wintering here is the best and safest option.

The subject is now closed.

Oh dear, SirC - I know you aren't a navigator but you should know that very close to the equator seasons don't count for much - and that further south the days are getting longer now, so spring is pretty soon...  >whistle< >lol<