• Gold Member

Re: ESA WCA SOON

• on: 26 Oct 2015 08:32PM
ESA 50 was done in may.

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 26 Oct 2015 08:50PM
The evidence I have now is in addition to what went in with the esa50.

Monic1511

• on: 26 Oct 2015 09:12PM
You have 2 choices then, either send it before the medical but knowing the dwp postal system it's unlikely to be looked at by a decision maker before your medical or wait for the decision and if it's a no you send the new evidence in with a written mandatory reconsideration.
If you post paperwork to dwp it takes 6 working days to reach a person, it's then added to their work and it depends how much backlog they have before it would be seen.

I would hold onto it and if you get a negative decision use it as part of the MR, just make sure the MR is written rather than a verbal one, if you go for a verbal MR then your words can be mis interpreted
 >x-fingers<
Monic

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 29 Oct 2015 11:55AM
Thankyou. Just one more thing. I was going through my copy of the esa50 no where have I mentioned my osteoarthritis in my knee as this started after hip operation. Would you class this as a new illness. Should I mention it at wca or use as trump card to claim again.
Thankyou for your help

Monic1511

• on: 29 Oct 2015 07:51PM
Hi
if your looking for points from the mobility then I would mention it to the person doing the medical but if your asked why didn't you mention it in the paperwork just say you forgot.   If you don't get the points you can use the osteoarthritis at the reconsideration stage.  it'll say something like claimant walked from waiting area with no obvious discomfort,  you then write "I was in a great deal of discomfort from the osteoarthritis but as I have constant pain I have to learn to mobilise despite the pain, otherwise I wouldn't move at all."  >raspberry<
best wishes
Monic

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 29 Oct 2015 08:15PM
Thankyou.  I will do that. I will take a copy of the MRI appointment which states about the knee on it. On walking from the waiting room to assessment room I will probably have to stop half way to get my breath and because of the pain.

I thank you very much for all the help you have given me so far.

I do intend if I have to go to MR to sign on for JSA etc., and then ask for the 13 week extended sickness. Then if it needs to go to Appeal will ask to go back on the assessment phase during appeal.

>biggrin<

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 29 Oct 2015 08:26PM
Thank you Monica.  I really do appreciate all the help and advice you are giving me. I will also mention that I cannot wash on my own and need someone to help with the bottom bits and at present because my balance is not that good the top.
I will not be going by public transport a neighbour is taking me in the car because I cannot travel on buses at present and havent been able to for over a year.

My son is going to take paperwork into work with him and copy it twice.

My list of illnesses are:

Left and Right Hip Replacements (Right done Sept 14 and Left May 15)
COPD (just waiting for appointment to start Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
Carpel Tunnel (Both Hands)
Rheumatoid Arthritis (Right Hand)
Raynauds
Depression
and now
Ostero Arthritis in Left Knee (Diagnosed October 15)

To make things worse I am right handed lol. Typing this with left hand.

>biggrin<