D Day Friday

• 42 Replies

bub1

• Gold Member

Re: D Day Friday

• on: 15 Nov 2015 02:27PM
Sorry 3rd December is my next appointment. They have already reviewed extra evidence that is why they approved taxi. But I have arranged own transport as need help getting in and out of car.

Will try and not to worry about it now.

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 16 Nov 2015 03:58PM
Sorry to be a pain if they won't include the knee would this then be classed as a new condition as it occurred after I sent in esa50. On my last one they wouldn't include my left hip and I put in a new claim

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 16 Nov 2015 06:36PM
When did the issue with your knee start? If the answer is less than a year ago I am not sure the DWP will include it in the assessment because the knee could recover. It is likely the Consultant will suggest a treatment or op so my guess is the DWP are not going to include your knee in the assessment for at least six months.

Monic is right you need to look at what is immediately in front of you eg the assessment on the 3rd Dec. If you spend to much time planning for future steps you will end up coming across as shifty in the assessment.

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 16 Nov 2015 07:18PM
Thankyou.
Events were had hip op Sept 14 esa50 filled in early November 14 mentions on form that other hip was due to be done but didn't have date. On 7 April 15 had wca got 6 points for walking. On 20 April told failed. I put in for MR. Failed that. Even though I had a letter on the 9 th April saying my op would be May. I was told even though my hip op had been mentioned because I didn't have a date when form was done it couldn't be included.
I didn't appeal which I know I should not have done.
Therefore I could put in a new claim for the other op.
Esa50 filled in at end of may 15.

Problem with knee started in July 15. Confirmed diagnosis beginning of October 15.
So was not on form in may 15.

Do I mention it at assessment or not as I will nor know then what operation will be done on it or when.

Thanks

Monic1511

• on: 16 Nov 2015 07:55PM
You mention it at assessment as a newer condition which now affects your mobility and if they don't acknowledge it then you can use it as a substantal deterioration in your condition.

When you mention "6 points for walking" its not walking that your marked on its mobilising using any aids or adaptations that you can reasonably use,   this might come across wrong but if you can't walk whats stopping you using your neck shoulders and or arms to mobilise using crutches, its that part you need to think about.  Whenever someone tells me they have bad knees or hips I ask if they have neck shoulder elbow or wrist problems and they think I'm nuts but thats what the DWP assessor has to do because of the way the legislation is written
sorry my typings getting worse so just copying this from the regs

1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid can reasonable be used.
Cannot either
A1.   mobilise more than 50 meters on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion; or
A2.   repeatedly mobilise 50 meters within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion.
both 15 points
b)   Cannot mount or descend two steps unaided by another person even with the support of a handrail.   9points
c)   Cannot either
1.   mobilise more than 100 meters on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion; or
2.   repeatedly mobilise 100 meters within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion.   9 points

d)   Cannot either
1.   Mobilise more than 200 meters on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion; or
2.   repeatedly mobilise 200 meters within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion.   6 points

The clincher is in the first part: Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid can reasonable be used

sorry Bub my heid is wasted an I'm away for some pain killers again be back tmorrow
 >dove< Monic

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 17 Nov 2015 04:39PM
Hi Monic thankyou. Hope your head is better. I do have problems with my hands which has got worse.
Really plays up when I use my crutches. 

I will mention every thing when I go and see what happens.

The only tine I am pain free for a while is when I lay down.

I know they also ask what a typical day is.

(sorry not a good time for me at present especially tomorrow as it is the anniversary of my mums passing)

Thankyou

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 29 Nov 2015 04:11PM
Well it will soon be time for another wca in 3rd December. I have got my bundle of paperwork ready to take. I have also sent copies to the decision maker at dwp. Just in case it doesn't get read at assessment. I have an appointment with my gp on Friday to let them know how it goes on Thursday.
I am hoping my hand is a bit better as having trouble gripping my crutches at the moment. Any advice for Friday.

Thanks

Monic1511

• on: 29 Nov 2015 04:58PM
Hi,
Take someone with you, don't make a special effort and don't change your weekly routine, so if your normally out on Thursday which leaves you nackered just do that, you want the assessor to see you on a normal day. 
If your lucky you'll get a result in 2 -3 weeks
Good luck
Monic

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 29 Nov 2015 05:11PM
I am taking someone with me. I definitely won't change my routine as I am knackered most days. Just a quickie I can't sit on low chairs and need help getting on and off high chairs. Plus I can't stand or sit for long how shall I go about this on Thursday. The only time it eases is when I lay down. Then need help getting on and off bed and getting leg up.

Thanks for all your support and help.

Monic1511

• on: 29 Nov 2015 09:22PM
The chairs at the assessment centre are likely to be the usual ones you get in a GP surgery so mid range,  just tell the assessor what you have said here, and if your asked to get onto the couch make sure you ask for assistance to do that, likewise taking your jacket off - get help with that or else it will say no shoulder problems as put on & took off coat with no difficult.

easy to say but try not to stress too much
 >thumbsup<

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 05 Dec 2015 03:44PM
Wca done 3/12/15.  Was in with assessor 30 mins. She just asked various questions. She had to help me on and off chair all through assessment. Read paperwork taken also noted on computer hospital appointment next week about knee. Made a note also about op and pulmonary rehabilitation. Just said at end that my hands had swelled up since being in there. Said I should hear in about 3 weeks. So waiting game now. I don't expect to pass. As people who are more ill than me don't pass. Was being in there a short space of time normal?

Will keep you updated.

Monic1511

• on: 05 Dec 2015 04:48PM
Hi bub
30 minutes isn't too short a time, the med report will go to her senior and then to the dwp so that's one trauma over, now it's just the long wait for the decision  >x-fingers<
Take care
Monic

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 05 Dec 2015 05:19PM
Thankyou forgot to add she did have supervisor in the room with her
 but I didn't mind.