DLA to PIP changeover

• 2 Replies

Fiz

• Charter Member

DLA to PIP changeover

• on: 06 Jan 2016 08:59PM
My current DLA award is dated up to September 2016. So I'm assuming I will get a letter starting off the PIP process perhaps in June? Or maybe even earlier?

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

Re: DLA to PIP changeover

• on: 07 Jan 2016 04:05PM
I don't know when, but may I make a very unoriginal suggestion?

Download the criteria into a document and start working out what information you're going to need to give the DWP to establish your entitlement, then whenever the form arrives, whilst it  may be horrible, you'll at least be part way there and not panicking as much as you would be if you thought they'd send it in June and they sent it in April or whatever.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Monic1511

Re: DLA to PIP changeover

• on: 07 Jan 2016 05:18PM
Fitz
you should get a letter inviting you to apply for PIP, if you don't phone accepting the invitation then dwp will end your dla claim,  if you want to prepare for the new form you could google PIP criteria as its a points based benefit and you need 8 points for standard daily living or standard mobility  and you need 12 points for enhanced daily living or enhanced mobility.
There is no equivalent of low rate care and the distance for enhanced mobility is 20 (twenty) meter where it was 50 before.

Monic