Customer Compliance home visit

• 47 Replies

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Customer Compliance home visit

• on: 13 Jan 2016 05:52PM
Sorry for the off-topic post last night  >blush<

Well, I've got my bank and PO statements sorted, and assembled the other things mentioned in the letter - photographic ID, copy of the lease, the rent book, and other official letters/documents bearing my name and address. I have also advised the others here that the person from the Department for Social Development might need to peek into their rooms, so it's best not to leave undies etc lying about!

Quotes for the flooring and redecoration have been obtained, and the work can proceed in February.

The visit is on Friday, so wish me luck.

Once again, huge thanks to everyone who has replied.  >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 14 Jan 2016 10:02AM
I hope all goes smoothly tomorrow NN. I see absolutely no reason why it won't be just a quick routine check up but I'm sure you will be very relieved when it's over.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Jan 2016 07:15PM
 >bighugs<  :-)

Monic1511

• on: 14 Jan 2016 08:29PM
hi
good luck and remember that it'll probably be a few weeks before you get an official decision

Monic

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Jan 2016 11:07PM
I hope tomorrow goes smoothly NN  >hugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Jan 2016 10:12AM
The interview has been cancelled. Compliance Officer couldn't make it in because of the snow. Great, now I'll have to wait for another appointment to be sent out. :-(

Oh well, at least I can rest for a bit before going to the hospital with Mum on Monday.

Thanks again to you all for all your support. >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 15 Jan 2016 10:28AM
Oh that's disappointing having gathered all the paperwork etc and just wanting it over and done with. But yes, a breather for a while then.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Jan 2016 03:57PM
Thanks, Fiz >hugs<

MEdawn

• Charter Member
  • Silver Member

• on: 25 Jan 2016 04:04PM
How frustrating!  But at least you've got all the paperwork together now and when you get the new appointment won't need to do stuff

The visit turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I've just been assembling my bank and post office statements and have discovered that I've exceeded the 6,000 savings limit for income-related ESA!!

I had that happen too and just rang them up and they were fine about it once I'd explained.  TBH if I hadn't rung them I don't think they'd have found out but like you I'd rather be up front about it.  hope all the works makes life easier.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 25 Jan 2016 08:30PM
Thanks, MEdawn >hugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 29 Jan 2016 12:41PM
Have just got the letter supplying the date of the new visit - 3rd February. It's worded differently to the other letter:

"We need to see you to dicuss a query regarding your claim to benefit. We need to see yo in order to clarify some information regarding your claim to benefit."

Is the new wording anything to be concerned about, because I find it rather unnerving.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 03 Feb 2016 02:41PM
Well, the Compliance Officer has been and gone. The visit was triggered automatically when my PO account balance strayed over the savings limit. She was reasonably sympathetic and reassuring, and said that as it's just accumulated benefit money earmarked for disability-related equipment and home improvements that it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I do need to supply PO statements dating back to 2011, just so the SSA can satisfy itself that there are no non-benefit sources of income.

In cases such as this, is DLA counted as income? The officer glossed over it, and I was too meds-headed to remember to ask.

So, at least that bit is over. I'm treating myself to a chocolate muffin, a DVD, and hopefully some sleep >sleepy<

Thanks again to everyone who has offered support, advice and reassurance on this thread.  >star<  >bighugs<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 03 Feb 2016 03:15PM
I'm glad that is over and done with NN  >hugs<  I do hope someone else will be able to advise about the DLA.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 03 Feb 2016 07:38PM
"my PO account balance strayed over the savings limit"

Well that is interesting.  So there is an automatic notification between the bank and the DWP?

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 03 Feb 2016 09:02PM
It's not the DWP, it's the Social Security Agency, which is a sub-division of the Department for Social Development.

They don't seem to want to do me harm just yet, but obviously I can't be sure ...

>bighugs<