• 1 Replies

bub1

• Gold Member

ESA

• on: 07 Feb 2016 07:27PM
Hi everyone.

Hope you are all doing well.

Just a quick question.
If you remember I was seated Esa Support Group in December 2015.

Without me having to telephone DWP does the award start from April when claim was started or December after f2f when I was awarded support group for 2 years before reassessment.

Thankyou

Monic1511

Re: ESA

• on: 08 Feb 2016 07:32PM
Hi
no one will know for sure without a letter from the DWP you see people are placed in a group from the 13th week of a new claim, if your claim was a transfer from SDP / incapacity benefit then its meant to be from the transfer date which could be anytime.

As for the 2 year award - don't think that means after 2 years you'll be reassessed, its a guide not a set in stone thing,   
just had a claimant who thought they were being smart tell the DWP that they had got worse because it was near the end of the 2 year award, the sent an ESA50 which led to nil points and the tribunal agreed that nil points was correct,  if they had kept quiet they would still be on the ESA cos DWP are too busy to review existing awards without good reason.

sorry for the rant but some folk never listen & I was  fizzing when they told me what they'd done.
Monic