Help! My ESA50 was delivered after the due date!

• 7 Replies

Minniehaha

After 'languishing' in the support group for three years and three months I received a dreaded ESA50 - to be returned by 31 March. With several physical and mental health issues to cover I found the form challenging but, after spending quite a few hours working on it and gathering my evidence, it was finally ready for posting on 29 March. My husband took it to the post office and it was sent by first class post 'to be signed for' and I expected it to be delivered no later than 31 March. Unfortunately I was wrong - the tracking info shows that it was delivered on 1 April, one day late.  >erm<

Does anyone know what the DWP's stance is in situations like this? I intend to call them after the weekend to explain what's happened and wonder how I should respond if they consider me to be at fault for the late delivery?

Why are my dealings with the DWP never ever straightforward?!  >steam<

Monic1511

Calm down (I have ducked while you chuck something at me). Your form was signed 29/3/16 and since it takes the dwp 6 working days to process mail it won't be registered as delivered if you phone on Monday.  You need to call and say I have posted my esa50 but from the tracking records can see you got it late, can you record on the system that it has been returned, as long as they know you posted it and record it in your record it should be fine.

If your gonna phone on Monday then do it later on, phones are always mad on a Monday
Monic

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Why are my dealings with the DWP never ever straightforward?!  >steam<

>hugs<

Minniehaha

Thanks for the advice Monic. :-) I didn't chuck anything at you ... honestly!  >whistle< My ESA50 was actually dated a few days earlier but I'd forgotten about the Easter bank holiday weekend so had to hang on until the Tuesday to get it posted so I'll mention this when I call. I get very het up when things like this happen as I know from bitter experience how petty, pedantic and downright incompetent the DWP can be.

Thanks for the hug NN - I needed one!  >hugs<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
 >bighugs<

I was watching The Big Bag Theory and and easy going character had had enough of a petty and pedantic one so he shot him several times with a paint ball gun. Most of us can't go for a run, thump a cushion or shout really loudly at the top of a hill to alleviate the stresses of  ESA renewal so I am wondering if we could get a bulk deal on pain ball guns and ammunition.

Minniehaha

Sunshine:  >lol<  >hugs<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Sounds a great idea Sunshine  >lol<   

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
>bighugs<

I was watching The Big Bag Theory and and easy going character had had enough of a petty and pedantic one so he shot him several times with a paint ball gun. Most of us can't go for a run, thump a cushion or shout really loudly at the top of a hill to alleviate the stresses of  ESA renewal so I am wondering if we could get a bulk deal on pain ball guns and ammunition.

And a life-size model of Lord Freud. >biggrin<