The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer

• 293 Replies

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog

Re: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer

• on: 23 Jun 2016 04:18PM
I now it's easier said than done, but it's finished, and you just have the easy(ish) part of getting it posted so you can relax a bit.  I can't remember if you have family, friends or a PA you can trust to send it for you, but you do not have to do that part in person. 

I don't think there's much point in registered post for DWP mail, it all goes to Preston (If I remember correctly) and then shunted to where it has to go.  All it proves is that you posted it and it got to the DWP's Mail Handling Centre, it doesn't mean it will get to the place it has to after that.  I have had a registered letter lost in the system myself.

When it has gone, do not worry about grammatical or spelling errors, you can't help brain fog when writing or during school days or since.  The DWP should be OK as they have had plenty of practice.

I just hope you do get a female f2f, if not, complain!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 28 Jun 2016 10:16PM
Good luck for Thursday, Fiz. I'll be thinking of you. >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 29 Jun 2016 06:36AM
Thank you. It's first thing Friday morning. I am very nervous. I'm seeing my GP in a couple of hours time and she'll have written a supporting letter. Seeing my CPN this afternoon, hopefully she'll have remembered to do one too.

I'm already shaky and feeling really nauseous due to anxiety and it's 2 days away. Goodness knows what I'll be like on Friday. I've got a really bad painful UTI and I'm on a 7 day course of antibiotics but the pain should have gone by then hopefully and the 6 or so loo trips an hour will have finished. As I've changed the venue to my local one I'm not allowed to change the appointment again for any reason so I can't be ill on Friday.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 29 Jun 2016 07:19AM
 >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 29 Jun 2016 04:20PM
My GP letter is fantastic, really comprehensive and my CPN letter was much shorter but good too and backs up what the GP has said. I find myself feeling more hopeful now, but I know that if I'm hopeful and it comes to nothing I tend to crash so even the feeling hopeful is scaring me.

Does that make sense?

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 29 Jun 2016 07:50PM
Yes it makes perfect sense, Fiz >hugs<

Noisyworld

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member

• on: 30 Jun 2016 11:46PM
Fiz- I know that feeling well :-(

I hope you managed to get some sleep
Absolutely best of luck for the morning, imagine yourself wearing armour and that nothing can hurt you :)
Remember to stand your ground if they don't have a woman to see you.

Lots of luck >x-fingers< and here's a hug in case you need one  >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 01 Jul 2016 04:12AM
Thank you. I managed about an hour's sleep and have given up now. I have my GP and CPN letters to copy because I expect they will take them, and I'm taking medication with me to take if I have to before or during the appointment but if not then I will definitely need to afterwards because I tend to hold myself together and fall apart afterwards. I need to take water so I can swallow them. I'm going to note things down if I feel I need to during the appointment and on the paper I'm taking I have noted to remind myself to ask her what her name is and what qualification she has.

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 01 Jul 2016 07:00AM
I'm all ready now. I've taken an anti-emetic but still feel as if I'm going to throw up. I'm shaking too which will make me clumsy but I'm going to try not to take diazepam. I'm worried that the person giving me a lift to the door isn't leaving enough time because it's rush hour, I might be brave and ask her to come a bit earlier though I hate putting people out. I'm not sure how Atos take it if you're 5 or so minutes late but it's out of my hands really as I'm relying on someone else as I can't get there myself. I've had ESA assessments before ages ago but I don't remember being in this state then. Maybe memory fades. I'm trying to work out what I'm scared of and why I feel such panic, no one is going to hurt me. I'm worried about men in the waiting room but I'll just sit away from them and I should be okay if there's no anger or unpredictable behaviour there or I'm alone with a man.

I feel as if I should read through my PIP form but can't when this anxious and I'm telling myself that I was 100% truthful on the form and will be at the assessment so that won't matter. I just need to remember not to answer yes or no but explain my answer.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 01 Jul 2016 08:30AM
 >bighugs< >clover<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 01 Jul 2016 01:13PM
Tis over. Nurse was nice but I know that doesn't mean anything. If I haven't heard the DWP decision in 6-8 weeks my cpn can phone for an update apparently but results are usually processed by then.

Am shattered now. Partly due to lack of sleep I'm sure, temazepam night tonight. I will update in a few weeks. Thank you everyone.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 01 Jul 2016 04:55PM
I'm so glad that this assessment is now behind you. Hope you sleep well tonight  >hugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 01 Jul 2016 05:17PM
Have a good rest, Fiz. You deserve it. >hugs<

Noisyworld

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member

• on: 03 Jul 2016 01:32AM
Well done Fiz for getting through it, I hope their decision goes the right way >thumbsup<
Best of Luck for lots of sleep >zzz<

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 04 Jul 2016 07:07PM
One question.

When is the starting point for any PIP award when transferring from DLA?

I know if it's your first claim it's from the date you phone up for the form and any award is backdated until then but I assume it's different with a transfer from DLA because if your new award is lower or nil, you'd end up owing the DWP for the DLA you've received from that point. Logic tells me the date of any transfer to PIP award would be the date the DWP make their final decision on any PIP award. I'm just worried I'll have to pay money back that I don't have.