The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer

• 293 Replies

Monic1511

Re: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer

• on: 04 Jul 2016 08:44PM
Fiz
any award is from one month in advance of the decision date, if they take it away from you then its from the decision date that your money stops.
you  would only owe them money if they decided that you were never entitled and want all the money paid to you back, if that every happens you fight it all the way.
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 05 Jul 2016 04:30PM
Thanks Monic, I'm running behind with my rent so the thought of handing money back was giving me the hebejebies (sp? )

I had a text around lunchtime today from the DWP saying they now have all the information they need and I will receive a letter once they have made their decision so it sounds like things are moving quickly.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 05 Jul 2016 05:29PM
 >x-fingers< >hugs<

gorbut

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member

• on: 16 Jul 2016 12:20AM
My son had a letter saying the same thing but it still took weeks to hear anything else. We have just got back from a weeks holiday though to find a brown envelope that gave very good news as he has gone from HR mobility and LR care DLA to enhanced rate For both in PIP. This is what he should get as he has got worse since his last DLA assessment but nice to have it recognised without having to appeal. He has ME or Chronic fatigue syndrome as the Drs like to call it so something without tests that prove he is ill so we were not expecting things to go through so easily. So even if you don't hear anything for a while it doesn't mean bad news.

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 16 Jul 2016 08:19AM
That's good to hear gorbut it's horrible waiting, we're entering the 3rd week waiting where she said results were usually 4-6 weeks but often can be sooner. So I'm watching for the post person daily.

gorbut

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member

• on: 16 Jul 2016 10:04AM
We were doing that before we went away. I had decided that if the letter came just before we went I was going to open it and hide it from him if it was bad news. Not really acceptable behaviour on my part as he is 27 but the fall out would have spoiled everybody's holiday. He now knows I was going to do this and said he would have forgiven me in the circumstances. I hope you get your letter soon.

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 21 Jul 2016 12:49PM
A brown DWP envelope came through my letter box this morning. It was so thin it was obviously one slim piece of paper. I thought the only thing this could mean was a straight NO but felt even that ought to arrive with information on how to appeal any decision. I took some medication and lay on my bed until I was calm enough to open it and it was from the DWP. They said that although they had all the information needed to make their decision for my PIP application there was a delay in the decision making and they would write once a decision is made.

I'm still panicking though, why is my decision taking an unusually long time to make? I'm assuming my award if any isn't cut and dried and they are wavering between two things?

I wish they'd never sent this letter, I feel much worse. I was better off watching for the post person daily and finding it difficult doing anything else, now I'm doing that plus I'm extra worried.  >doh<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 21 Jul 2016 02:08PM
 >bighugs< >bighugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 21 Jul 2016 05:26PM
Fiz - I know it's easy to say, but  >dontpanic< - knowing what I know from former colleagues about how it's been going at the DWP, my suspicions are that the delay is due to chronic staffing problems (not enough decision-makers) rather than anything to do with you personally...

All because our darling Government wanted to rush through the PIP transfers as soon as  >doh<

Monic1511

• on: 21 Jul 2016 06:38PM
Hi Fiz,
Sorry to say that the letter you got today is a routine letter that only really lets you know that the dwp have the form but not enough staff to process the claims, it'll probably be another 4 - 6 weeks before you get a decision  >bighugs<

Sorry forgot to add that a refusal letter is at least 8 pages long as it explains why they made the decision on a points by points basis and has large paragraphs saying how they made the decision

Monic
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2016 06:40PM by Monic1511 »

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 22 Jul 2016 05:06AM
That is really reassuring to hear Monic, I won't panic if another thin DWP letter arrives then. I was told that the decision takes 4-6 weeks from the face to face assessment and it's only 3 weeks ago today so I hadn't been expecting the result yet anyway so it seems weird them sending me a letter apologising for the delay when so far there hasn't been one! I am just so horrendously worried about money at the moment having stretched myself ridiculously trying to sort my garden out. I have for the first time ever used my credit card to the maximum and it will take me a few months to pay off so a drop in income would be disastrous. However having had a whole garden full of 10ft brambles since I moved here 6 years ago, it is now completely cleared, membrane laid and crushed concrete on top so no weeds will reappear before I can afford the sand and artificial grass so it won't go backwards because no weeds can reappear so it can sit and wait until I can afford the sand and artificial grass. It will be so nice to have the use of a garden and it will be totally maintenance free. But I shouldn't have pushed myself this much financially, but I'd have been so upset if we hadn't got to a stage where the weeds and brambles couldn't just regrow so get nowhere really. At least now it can happily wait for stage 3.

ally

• on: 22 Jul 2016 11:17AM
I hope All goes well for you >x-fingers< I don't cope well with anything extra on top of my physical issues these days. Therefore, I think it's dreadful  that you have to suffer  more stress, anxiety, etc  heaped on top of what you have to contend with already.   >bighugs< For you, and anyone else that needs them

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 15 Aug 2016 06:14PM
I (diazepamed up) phoned the PIP helpline today as it's been 7 weeks almost since my f2f. Apparently no decision has been made as yet but the lady on the phone said she could see on the system that a decision would be sooner rather than later and it wouldn't be long until the case was closed.

The case being closed didn't give me an ounce of confidence.

And how can she see on the system that a decision would be soon?

Monic1511

• on: 15 Aug 2016 08:14PM

how can she see on the system that a decision would be soon?
that just means the case is with the decision maker and has been for several weeks so should be near the top of their pile

deep breaths now - 13 weeks is average
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 18 Aug 2016 03:10PM
I've had a letter dated 16th August from my local authority, written by them the day after I phoned the PIP helpline telling me how much council tax I am being awarded due to "claimant being awarded personal independence payment"

So my LA knew the day after my phone call where the DWP didn't know. I've no idea if I've been awarded the right level. There's no way I can phone the helpline today, I'm so low I can't stop crying.