need a rant may trigger

• 8 Replies

disableddramaqueen

• Gold Member

need a rant may trigger

• on: 13 Dec 2015 11:34PM
At my wits end tonight depression is a  bleep. Feel so low setraline isn't helping much. Slept and being sick is all my day consisted of. I'm just usless and can't function. Pmt is 5 days delayed. So many people can't see past the fake smile. Everyone excepts cp cuz it's visible why can't they view bpd and depression the same.

Sorry if anyone was upset by this

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

Re: need a rant may trigger

• on: 14 Dec 2015 06:52AM
 >bighugs<

huhn

• on: 14 Dec 2015 10:09AM
 >chocolate<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Dec 2015 11:42AM
Pmt is 5 days delayed

Do you mean a period being late?  I know when that happens to me, it's so-o-o infuriating that the pre-menstrual tension, and all it brings, lasts even longer  >angry<   If that's the case, you can at least take comfort from the fact that when it arrives you will feel a lot of that horrid dark cloud lifting ... (or might you be worried about possibly being pregnant?)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Dec 2015 01:00PM
Everyone excepts cp cuz it's visible why can't they view bpd and depression the same.

.. Because it is not the same.

disableddramaqueen

• Gold Member

• on: 14 Dec 2015 03:26PM
yes kk i mean period and sunshine i know it's not the same but what i mean is one is view as disablity/ illness where as depression isn't people tell you to get over it

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Dec 2015 07:41PM
You can't really compare one impairment with another, but I do understand what you're saying about mental health problems sometimes not being treated as a 'real' illness/disability - to those stupid people who trot out phrases like 'get over it', don't they think we would have done just that if it was possible?  No-one chooses to have clinical depression, why would they?!

However, there is one thing about depression (hard to see when you're in the midst of it, I know) - it can actually be treated and it does lessen eventually.  If the medication you're taking proves ineffective, there are others that can be tried - but you have to give them a few weeks to kick in, of course....

Also, I recall a couple of months back you were possibly going to get a new diagnosis, what's happening about that?

disableddramaqueen

• Gold Member

• on: 14 Dec 2015 07:45PM
Hi kizzy

I don't meant all criteria so labels are bpd and psychotic depression whatever that actually means not sure

Sunshine

• on: 16 Dec 2015 01:18PM
Kizzy makes a good point when she posts that depression can be treated and it does lessen eventually. It is probably why most people have a hope and expectation that people with depression will have various levels of symptoms and therefore sometimes be happier and able to do more. From the outside looking in it can be difficult to know whether a person saying they are depressed is suffering clinical illness, is unhappy because of bad news eg a death or is behaving 'poorly' because for example they are being lazy or controlling. In my situation of having CP there is a lot I cant do and at the same time sometimes I am just being lazy or feeling defeated at a particular time. I am okay with someone close to be asking 'are you being a lazy bugger today?' because it goes without saying that the question includes and acknowledgement of my disability. It can be much harder to ask a person if they are depressed and is that why they are not getting on with life because depressed people often cant give a straight answer.

DDQ,

For me the fact you have stated you have BPD and depression makes it more difficult to understand where you are coming from. BPD sounds like it is being emotionally raw and has to do with interactions outside yourself whereas depression is more about the inner landscape of a person's mind.

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/borderline-personality-disorder-bpd/self-care-for-bpd/#.VnFjCOJ0qIM

It is important that you try to talk to your partner about what is going on because in a relationship where there is mental and physical illness communication is so important.